Protecting your rights
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
Our Terms & Conditions can be found here:
CloudGovCo will not give any information about you to any outside organization unless we receive your prior consent or a court order. We may ask you for information to help us provide you with personalized services, or to grant access to certain parts of this web. When we do request information, we undertake to inform you:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site.
- Which organization is collecting the information.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under CloudGovCo’s control.
- How you can correct inaccuracies in the information.
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact:
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) and similar legislation in other jurisdictions gives you the following rights:
Right to be forgotten
- You can request that we erase personally identifiable data from CloudGovCo’s storage. This will terminate your Member account and access to the web site.
Right of access
- You can request and review the data that CloudGovCo has stored about you.
Right to object
- You can refuse permission for CloudGovCo to use or process your personal data. Depending on the nature of the request this may terminate your Member account and access to the web site.
Right to rectification
- You can request and expect that we will correct inaccurate personal information.
Right of portability
- You can access the personal data that CloudGovCo has about you and transfer it.
We employ the following security measures for your protection.
- Use SSL (https) to encrypt your interaction with the site
- Enforce strong passwords that are not easily guessed
- Use two-factor authentication to protect your account
- Use a web application firewall
- Run real-time scans to detect hacking attempts
- Review logs every day for hacking attempts
- Automatically block hacking attempts
- Use an external gateway for PIC-DSS compliance so we do not capture or store credit card information
- Maintain and manage data flows for GDPR compliance
In the event of a breach of the data we hold, involving unauthorized access to or loss of personal data, which is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals and lead to discrimination, damage to reputation, financial loss, loss of confidentiality, or any other economic or social disadvantage, we will:
- Inform the appropriate national body as soon as possible
- Inform the relevant EU supervisory authority
- Inform individuals affected by the breach (if we have your contact information)
Information we do not collect
We do not collect or process these special categories of personal data which are deemed ‘sensitive’ and get specific protection under the General Data Protection Regulation. We do not collect:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Processing of genetic data
- Biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person
- Sex life or sexual orientation
Credit card data
- If you purchase a course we collect your billing address
- We do not collect or store credit card information.
When you make a purchase, the credit card transaction is performed by the payment gateway, e.g., Stripe. All transactions are protected by SSL (secure sockets layer) commonly known as https, which displays the secure lock icon in the browser bar.
Information we gather or track
Information on general usage and any optional personal details you provide to us will be used to provide you with enhanced features such as customized content, access to our forums, participation in chats and the ability to access a wider range of information. The following are details of the information we may collect:
- The minimum data needed to provide you with a Member account.
- Any other information is optional.
- We may keep track of newsletters, updates and other features for which a user may register. Additionally, usage information may be analyzed so that we can judge our system’s performance or execute your customized features.
- We may use user data to display personalized content.
- Your computer reaches us via a particular IP (Internet Protocol) address. This can tell us things like what part of the world you’re coming from or what service provider you are using, but CloudGovCo does not link your IP address to any personally identifiable information about you.
What we do with collected information
- We will use your email contact information to provide you with newsletters to which you subscribe, or for similar information we think you may find of interest. However, you can choose to opt out of these mailings. By providing your contact information you will be eligible to acquire user ID’s and passwords that will allow you to participate in our discussion features, including forums.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our site and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfill your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Who can use collected information and how
- Feedback is used by CloudGovCo staff to improve our service to you.
- Please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online, personal or otherwise, that information can be collected and used by others. We have no means to control this use of your information that you have disclosed to others.
- We do not transfer data to other organizations.
Choosing to opt-out of information collection
- Some personal information is required for registration. Additional information may be required for access to specific content. You can always choose not to receive additional mailings at that time.
Corrections & updates to personal information
Members can change or correct information about themselves via online forms which are part of our registration system. If there is a problem with a change being accepted by our system, you may contact us at the email address: email@example.com
Deleting or deactivating your name from our database
At your request we will deactivate your Member account but any contributions you have made to comments, forums, blogs will continue to be published online. To request deactivation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also delete your own account via your Profile. Deletion is final and cannot be reversed.
No parts of CloudGovCo are directed at children under 13. All content is of a technical nature about information technology.
How to contact customer service
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our practices or your dealings with us, you can contact: email@example.com