Optimize Cloud Storage CostsOptimize Cloud Storage Costs https://cloudgovco.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 CloudGovCo CloudGovCo https://cloudgovco.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Previously we’ve mentioned the impact of data-transfer costs on #Cloud solutions. Overall you should review storage solutions based on durability, availability, security, functional requirements and government and regulatory requirements.
* Use locally attached, ephemeral storage on elastic compute instances for non-persistent data.
* Increase storage only when needed. Do not over-provision.
* Review and eliminate unused object storage.
* Identify unattached block-storage volumes, and delete them.
* Review storage classes used based on level of durability, availability and cost.
* Review version control policies for cost effects.
* Use lifecycle policies to migrate data to archival storage at reduced cost with careful consideration of retrieval processes and cost.
* Use Reduced Redundancy Storage for less cost, where possible.
* Explore CSP pricing plans that could even out bursts in storage.
* Review costs for data requests and data retrieval.
* Review data transfer costs and optimise the architecture.
* Review management and replication costs.